Report to: Closure Senior Engineer
At Research & Development you will be a key contributor to the next generation outstanding luxury cars. Together with other engineers around the world, you and your team will create innovative human-centric car technology that makes life less complicated and more enjoyable for people. Are you interested in design and connected car technology? Do you share our passion for people, the environment and our urge to create a superior driving experience? Research and Development is the place for you to prosper.
As the closure hardware engineer, you have the responsibility for hardware components design and development from Pre Product Start to Job1. You will support during prototype build and verification activities to identify the root cause for issues.
- Responsible for closure hardware system design and development activities in whole vehicle life cycle.
- New function and feature recommendation includes CWI (cost, weight, investment).
- Manage co-design supplier deeply from the engineering perspective.
- Responsible for new model launch support as project needs.
- Develop closure system intellectual property.
- Evaluate and adopt the latest technologies and process.
- Competitionvehicle and benchmarking study.
- System level DFMEA, DVP&R, SSTS definition.
- Technical review for global supplier capability evaluation.
- Responsible for problem shooting and resolving, issue and change management.
- Satisfy market needs and drive best practice design processes.
- Develop closure component/system specifications to meet VoC (Voice of Customer) requirements.
- Work closely with LEC closure team.
- Recognize and embrace Geely culture.
- Rich experience in closure hardware design and development.
- Familiar with closure hardware related safety regulations and validations.
- Familiar with the power release door system, power of tailgate, E-latch and related electronic knowledge.
- Familiar with frameless window regulator or door module development.
- Automobile OEM and tier 1 supplier background is preferred.
- Bachelor degree, 10+ years professional experience in area of closure
- Professional in MS, Catia, Teamcenter etc.
- Cultural awareness, especially China – European culture.
- Familiar with vehicle knowledge and development process
- New products and technologies development skills.
- Project management skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Good written and oral English level.
- Good team player – communication & coordination.
- Deliverable-driven spirit – responsible, quick action, and deliver on time.
- Flexible – goal oriented, open minded and be a good problem solver
- Willing to work in an international project environment
- High level of engagement to solve any issues and help others
- Positive attitude, resolute and high drive for results
- Acceptable High frequency international travels