- The team “Brake Systems” develops brake systems for the premium brands of Geely in cooperation with the Geely R&D organization in China. The team focuses on systems for premium vehicles with uplevel vehicle dynamics performance. This includes expertise for advanced foundation brake systems (e.g. carbon fibre), software and function development expertise for stability control and brake modulation systems, etc.
- Execute project development work in the area of brake modulation.
- Execute development work acc. to Geely Product Development System (NPDS) milestone plan from concept definition, criteria development up to release and
end of launch phase of vehicle as well as serial life phase.
- Align targets for performance, costs and quality cross-functionally with Project Management, Attribute Integration, Styling, Purchasing, Quality.
- Support the system purchasing process by developing statement of requirements and running technical reviews with Suppliers and Purchasing.
- Develop the systems and release the components in alignment with Geely R&D in China and cross-functional teams (especially Project Management, Attribute Integration, CAE, CAD Designers, Quality, Styling and Purchasing) as well as Suppliers. Execute the deliverables with the use of the appropriate systems and tools (DFMEAs, PFMEA support, Quality reports, Cost tools, …).
- Ensure early Supplier engagement and guide Suppliers through the development process.
- Participate in ride tests or any other development activities in different countries as needed.
- Run root cause analysis and develop robust solutions when targets are not met.
- Report development status to leadership.
- Execute benchmark analysis.
- Screen new technologies and define the innovation strategy roadmap for the systems.
- At least 5 years of working experience in brake systems development or comparable function
- Enthusiasm and passion for automobiles
- Open minded, solution driven, highly motivated engineer
- Excellent communicator with an open and structured mindset
- Fluent in English
- High level of engagement to solve any issues
- Positive attitude, resolute and highly skilled to drive for results
- Flexible regarding travels to UK Innovation Centre, Sweden, China and other
countries if needed
- High integrity and trust in all activities and communication