- The team “Steering Systems” develops steering systems for the premium brands of Geely in cooperation with the Geely R&D organization in China. The team focuses on systems for premium vehicles with uplevel vehicle dynamics performance. This includes expertise for sporty high performance vehicles and new system technologies.
- Execute development and integration work acc. to Geely Product Development System (NPDS) milestone plan from concept definition, criteria development up to release and end of launch phase of vehicle as well as serial life phase.
- Align targets for performance, costs and quality cross-functionally with Project Management, Attribute Integration, Styling, Purchasing, Quality.
- Support the system purchasing process by developing statement of requirements and running technical reviews with Suppliers and Purchasing.
- Develop the systems and release the components in alignment with Geely R&D in China and cross-functional teams (especially Project Management, AttributeIntegration, CAE, CAD Designers, Quality, Styling and Purchasing) as well as
Suppliers. Execute the deliverables with the use of the appropriate systems and tools (DFMEAs, PFMEA support, Quality reports, Cost tools, …).
- Ensure early Supplier engagement and guide Suppliers through the development process.
- Support the vehicle dynamics tuning process with regards to steering systems.Participate in ride tests or any other development activities in different countries as needed.
- Run root cause analysis and develop robust solutions when targets are not met.
- Report development status to leadership.
- Execute benchmark analysis.
- Screen new technologies and define the innovation strategy roadmap for the systems.
- At least 5 years of working experience in steering systems development or comparable function
- Enthusiasm and passion for automobiles
- Open minded, solution driven, highly motivated engineer
- Excellent communicator with an open and structured mindset
- Fluent in English
- High level of engagement to solve any issues
- Positive attitude, resolute and highly skilled to drive for results
- Flexible regarding travels to UK Innovation Centre, Sweden, China and other countries if needed
- High integrity and trust in all activities and communication